Rule Set
Site Rules
Card Library
Ability Wave Library
Card Trader

Request Moderator Review

Welcome to StarForce RP

SFRP v5 - System Overhaul

The fifth major system change of the Star Force RP includes changes to Weapons, Elements, Virus Threads, the Card Library and more. Feel free to visit the full v5 Updates Thread to see all the changes that have been made.

If you're new, feel free to look around the board. Make yourself known in the Hello & Goodbye Forum, or join the Chat Box at the bottom of the home page. If you have a Discord, follow the link provided and join our much more active Discord Channel. Feel free to ask questions whenever you need help.

Starter Links
Character Template
Weapons Guide
After Approval
Elemental Benefits

Stores
The Big Wave
Satella Armory
Back Alley
Ability Wave Shop
The Crimson Market

Advanced Topics
Virus List
Indie Frags
Noise Frags

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Some features and links will not work when accessing via s11.zetaboards.com. Please access SFRP by our current website address: starforcerp.com.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Unauthorized Backstage Tour [OPEN/RP]
Topic Started: Jan 13 2016, 05:57 AM (1,894 Views)
Retard Water
*KRAK!* With a burst of smoke, sparks, and various assembled irritants contained within the shell of the classical ninja projectile, the creature's mask is enveloped within a blinding cloud of... well, blindness.

The problem is, the enemy doesn't appear to be going for it. Without even flinching, the monstrosity continues its advance, shambling straight THROUGH the smoke - Kitakaze can see that the surface of the mask is blackened and stained by the blast, even covered in a few extra nicks and scratches, and yet the anomaly seems completely unfazed. A little irritated, perhaps, but definitely not blind - it's headed straight for Kitakaze, undulating across the floor like a serpent, the baleful glow of that glaring red orb suddenly focusing like a beam upon the ninja. Off to the side, for possibly the first time since this little adventure started, the yet-unnamed girl seems to be genuinely frightened, pressing against the wall and trying to generally stay unnoticed... and as far away from this nonsense as she can manage.

"Just like so many before you... hurling detritus or insults rather than bothering to defend or justify yourself. At least we have determined that you are not who I believed you were at first - he would not have missed the opportunity to deliver some sort of half-cocked speech or another. So that begs the question... who are you? And why do you wear the trademark hood of the Blazing Kitakaze, but none of the colors? Are you some kind of imitation or offshoot? A rival, perhaps?"

Even as the thing's bassy, distorted voice speaks, the tendril holding the steel beam winds up, and lets loose its weapon like a thrown spear - it's becoming increasingly clear that this entity is trying to coax a reaction out of the ninja, and has no qualms about causing collateral damage to do so.
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Abridged Profile Reference Thing

Zenny: 19000z (And I'm nice enough to link my paystubs here, too!)

Brother Bands and Link Power

Battle Cards
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Phreeze
"Alto, what is it talking about?"

The ninja leaped opposite of the girl, still moving at the pace of his predecessor, though his element was far off from the Blazing Kitakaze. His strategy was not of fire or light, it was of the shroud of night. If it was reaction this thing wanted, this is what it got. In the meantime of the moving and rolling, bounding and leaping, Alto responded...

"Blazing Kitakaze, fourth generation of current eight hundred. Known for explosive arts and distraction."

"Fourth of what?!"

Now that S.K. had moved as to what he felt was safety, it almost looked as if surrender. His wrists flicked to the right, then his forearms and elbows snapped to his katana's sheathe, putting the weapon away. Not before snapping forward, shoulders rolling down to acquire a ninja star.

"What are you..?!"
Member Avatar
Yes. Phreezey-pop. It's a joke.

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"...Eight-hundred. My goodness, your kind really do breed like rabbits. We always used to joke that you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a hiding ninja, but yeesh..."

The creature's pursuit soon ceases, and as it slows to a halt, its body begins to settle down to the ground. Its numerous tendrils and appendages wrap around each other, morphing and melding into a singular serpentine mass rising from the central puddle... the metal mask sits upon the tip of that tendril, the red-glowing core now concealed behind it. Kitakaze now has an idea as to why his attack did not work - that mask is not the creature's face, if the creature even HAS a face.

"And I see there are two of you in there, as well. A construct like myself... though by the looks of things, far less sophisticated. Your ancestors should be commended for their attempt to copy me, at the very least - I suppose he had to steal something to make up for the arm that my master took... you there, stop crawling away like a frightened roach. You seemed so much braver coming in here in the first place, too."
"Urk!"
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
Kitakaze wasn't going to attack just yet. This thing knew. It knew a lot. It knew almost too much to be what it claimed or seemed. With a shuriken still held, he would loosen up. It was a gesture of conceeding in combat, but still ready to get right back into the fray. Not before Alto popped back into the physical realm, and with an attitude at that. Something awoke deep within those waves...

"...sAyS tHe WaTeR bAg ThAt CoUlDn'T eVeN lAnD a CoNtRaCt LiKe BlAzE dId AlL tHoSe YeArS aGo. YoU rEmEmBeR, dOn'T yOu?"

"Alto! Status check!"

"ShUt YoUr MoUtH, fLeShIe."

"ALTO! STATUS CHECK!"

"System Error - Lost Feed. Approximate Downtime; Eighteen Seconds."

With that, Alto promptly returned to his Hunter VG, the blob of smoke now skimming over every slapped-together line of code, trying to decipher what had just happened.

"What did you do to it? Tell me!"
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
If the thing looming before Kitakaze is even capable of showing expression or emotion with its formless body, it is not choosing to do so here and now. No flash of recognition, no startled gasp... nothing. That poor terrified girl is more confused than anything now...

"I did nothing - clearly, your ancestors' pitiful attempt at a facsimile is experiencing some manner of memory fault, no doubt due to its shoddy programming. It is interesting that your kin chose to master Cross Fusion as your latest tool, but your imitation truly pales in comparison to a true Dimensional Weapon like myself."
"...D-Dimensional? Isn't that what they used to call hologram technology before Matter Waves? Like, back when they still had to connect computers together with wires and cables?"
"..."Matter Waves?" Ah, I knew your energy signature was strange... so, they're making use of radio waves and wireless transmission nowadays, rather than standard projection. Interesting, what can change when you spend two hundred years wandering these tunnels and never poking your head out..."
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
"So your age transcends most. Clearly Alto is not in cooperation with you, but for the time being, you were defending yourself. I apologize for attacking suddenly."

Zukaashimato disengaged his wave form, and bowed to the looming thing. He did not seek a further fight. It was in his nature to get things done clean and quiet, this was a chance. However, he kept his Hunter VG clutched tight, ready to converge in a moment's notice if need be. For now, he kept to himself. Following up his surrender, he would then warn the 'water bag'.

"I would not suggest keeping any closer to the girl than you already are, just to be fair."
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"Okay, I've just about had it with the stupid hero act!"

Looks like she's finally hit a breaking point - forgetting all of the fear and tension of the last few minutes, Zuka's would-be ward now stomps over to him noisily, aiming her last step to crush the exposed toes of his little ninja booties. Yeah, he'll probably dodge or something because he's a ninja and stuff, but he's enough of a douchebag to still warrant the effort.

"You aren't 'protecting' anyone here! I've been exploring old caves and abandoned buildings since I was eight! Cave-ins and wild animals are nothing new to me, and you've been doing nothing but getting in the way and provoking the wildlife! If this was back home in Netsylvania, you'd've probably stuck your head into a scorpion den by now!"
"...Pardon me, this is very entertaining and all, but did you say you hail from Netsylvania? As in, 'arse-end-of-nowhere in the middle of Netopia' Netsylvania?"
"...Sounds about right. Why?"
"Believe it or not, that makes two of us..."
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
As expected, he'd just barely managed out, by simple back-step. This was nothing for him to handle, but... The two's relation was something that piqued his interest. He'd been to Netsylvania once, trying to track the rival clan he was to take down here in the west. What on Earth would this creature have to tie it to Netsylvania? Or the girl for that matter? Both thoughts perplexed him, but the girl and the creature both didn't seem interested in his facade, so he dropped the hero act.

"There goes my pay then." Given his tone, and his chortle afterwards. His voice went from 'grand east hero' to something more akin to 'self-serving prick'. If there was such a thing. "Whatever, do what you will to the girl. She is of no worth now." He'd psyched himself into the mindset of a hero, but retained himself all the same. This was his teaching of the art of disguise. To truly blend in, you must become what you guise as, no matter what it may be. He was a man of many faces, for sure.
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"Oh, aren't you awfully presumptuous? I have no plans to do anything to or with anyone in the forseeable future, you two are my only living visitors in a very long time unless you count the rats. I would have been happy to just sit at the sidelines and watch your little escapade, except that you just HAD to be so insistent on revealing my presence..."

Clearly, a creature that is very picky about HOW it is disturbed...

"Um... so, if you don't mind me asking, just what are you doing down here? I understand if you live here, but..."
"But what? Is it so strange that I've chosen this place as my abode?"
"...Kind of? I mean, it's not every day you find a... a Dimensional Weapon hiding out in an abandoned basement. A colony of bats or squatters, I could understand, but... you're not exactly the sort of thing that comes to mind when I think about looking around an old ruin."
"True enough. These tunnels are spacious enough, and actually extend quite a ways throughout the DenCity area, so they're an ideal place to wander and hide away from the world... but I didn't come here by choice, originally. You could consider me a guardian of the honored dead, I suppose - a weapon is of no use without a wielder, and this place is where my own master fell in battle so long ago. Among a few other... details, my final command was to guard this place, and his earthly remains."
"...Ohhhh, so that's what the skull was."
"Indeed - and I thank you for finding it, I was worried I'd misplaced it."
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
"So you're a tomb guard?"

Zukaa spoke up after listening intently to their exchange, giving a facepalm and sigh. Not only was he defending some grave robber, but now the warden was here and he acted as if the water blob was in the wrong. Giving a curt head movement to the girl, the ninja across the room insisted this, with clear intent on what he wanted.

"We aren't going to disturb the dead, come on or you are getting left behind."

...Well that was blunt.
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"Hey, you're the one who suggested selling the skull! I just thought it was cool!"
"This debate isn't worth pursuing - your acquaintance here is a man without morals or opinions of his own, he will cobble together a personality as his paycheque demands. That is the point of a shadow mercenary, after all..."

If Zukaa was hoping to get anything resembling respect from this act, it clearly isn't working...

"Well, I wasn't going with him, anyway! He can leave for all I care, I still have exploring to do!"
"...You know, you could just ask me anything about this place. I've been down here for nearly two centuries, there's not a single corner of it I haven't yet scoured..."
"...Oh. Well, er..."
"Exactly. There's not much to say about this place, besides the numerous places that the tunnel network connects to. And I've already seen it all... you seem like you've seen a good deal more than me, however. You have an air of experience and adventure about you, girl, and your wanderlust is unlikely to ever cease... and yet your road is littered with clingy fools and well-meaning buffoons like this one over here, always getting in your way just when the next great adventure looks to be within your grasp..."
"...H-How do you..."
"I'm told that I am an excellent judge of character. But more importantly, we have a great deal in common... my master was about your age when he first set off into the world on his own, to find his fortune. And yet here you are, weighed down by those who think they represent the moral high ground and can lord over you because of that. Did this moron even bother to ask your name? Did he care who you were, besides another easy chance to 'do the right thing'?"
"... ... ..."

...Uh-oh. As a Wave Warrior, Zukaa is probably no stranger to the ways of more sophisticated EM Beings - appealing to emotional stress is a common method used by rogue Wizards or FMians to take on a human puppet to wreak havoc...
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
Zukaa didn't quite care for her at the moment, she was a lost cause. A lost ransom. He wasn't going to stop this thing now. If it decided to merge and become some sort of Wave Warrior, that'd be it's last mistake. For now, he stood there in the dim shadows, he would simply observe now, seeing how far this water bag could get without agitating Alto.

On the other hand, this thing could be a serious threat if merged. It already had proven it could hold it's own alone, which could become fierce if made into a Wave Warrior. Still nothing he couldn't handle, but in the world of mercenaries and ninjas, one could not be too careful as to not eliminate another. His stress had shown by a few shifts in his position, and a furrow of his brow as the ancient being spoke.
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"... ... ..."
"...Why'd you stop?"
"I don't know. Back in the day, whenever my Master and I started making a deal with somebody, this was always the exact moment that somebody barged in to interrupt. I don't think we ever actually got this far without a fight breaking out."
"Huh."
"...It doesn't feel right. I miss the old days..."
"...What were you even about to do, anyway?"
"Well, it's a little complicated. You see, my Dimensional Anchor Device isn't powerful enough to grant me my full capabilities all on its own - you're only seeing a fraction of my full form and power right now. I need a physical frame to form around - that's where you come in."
"W-Wait, form around?"
"Correct. I'd just need to... 'borrow' your body as a framework. You'd still be in full control and everything... just a little bigger and more capable of leveling a city block and whatnot."
"... ... ..."
"Yes, that's why I was taking the whole 'deal' approach. I figured you'd be more agreeable if we did something with our newfound power that you'd enjoy as well."

Wow, the atmosphere in here suddenly got a whole lot more awkward... the girl doesn't look nearly as shocked or disturbed by this revelation as she should, however. In fact, she is now glancing over in Zukaa's general direction...

"...Hey! Ninja guy! You do stuff for money, right? How good are you on-stage?"
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
"On stage? You mean dancing?"

The ninja chuckled, before breaking into full on laughter at the question. Oh dear Mu, this child had no idea, did she? He was almost buckled over at the hilarity of the question, finally, he managed to compose himself. Bringing his torso back up from laughing so hard, and his spine feeling like it had weighed a ton, he would wipe a tear from laughter, and continue.

"Two things, first... it depends on the price. Second... I had once disguised as a part of a Sharo dancing troupe to get access to some vital rival clan information, and thus, I learned how to perform the Czar Kicking Dance. That is the only dance I know."

With that, he would lean back against the wall, not expecting the child to have any more than maybe 50 or 100 zenny on hand. "Make me an offer, and I could consider letting you relive one of my... lesser than glory days."
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"...I have seen this unfold before. I am suddenly quite concerned for where this might be going..."

...And that's when the girl pulls out her Star Carrier. Tapping a few buttons, the rudimentary EM Projector device proceeds to create what looks like a small holographic credit card hanging in the air...

"The only reason I had a chance to come down here in the first place was the cancelled show today - and a lot of people were disappointed. You already said you're not an actor, but you ARE dressed for the part of the missing lead for the performance... and YOU, Dimensional Weapon Thing..."
"...I do have a designation, you know. Daemon Experimental Model ZV-403 - Combat-Type... my master's old comrade named me 'Thrash', supposedly after a music genre she thought my appearance invoked. My master found it fitting after my combat applications were demonstrated..."
"...Um. Well, as long as we're doing introductions, I'm Minerva! And this guy here... well, his great-great-great-great ancestor or whatever was Blazing Kitza-whatzit or something, right?"
"Kitakaze. But I like your version better."
"So yeah, I guess you're Creeping Kitakaze for now, because you're a complete stalker or something. Anyway! Everyone's probably still storming off, and the studio's gonna start handing out refunds... but Thrash here could make a hell of a scene to get everyone back into the theater, and then we can try roping the performers into putting on the show with Kitakaze as a replacement lead!"
"...When you say 'roping in'... oh, who cares, this sounds like fun!"
"You're in, then? Great! And you... three thousand as a down payment, and maybe we can get the theater to give you the real lead actor's paycheque on top of it!"
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
"Actually. It's Silent Kitakaze. But in the real world, I have no name you need to know. Creeping Kitakaze is an insult, and I-"

Before long, he heard the down payment. Three thousand?! Dear Mu, he'd have to take this. Just for once dance? All that?! He was practically stealing from her. With that, he would pull out his own Hunter VG, and begin readying his account. For that, he would wait, taking off his sandals to ready himself for a dance.

"You will not be disappointed, transfer the funds, and I shall dance."

He didn't bother mentioning this was an absurd cost to dance, or why it was such an awful idea. Hell, he was getting paid for nothing, that's what mattered, right?
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
Retard Water
"I dunno, I think Creeping Kitakaze would be a cool ninja name. And you could work in some kind of bug or spider motif to match! What's more invisible than a-"
"Focus."
"...Right. So, we're gonna need to keep the audience on studio property until everything's set up. And on that note, we'll need to convince the original crew to start up the performance as-planned..."
"Oho... leave both counts to me. I can be very persuasive at times, or so I'm told."
"Good! And that'll give you time to read your script!"

Just what the hell have these people gotten themselves into...?
Member Avatar
HONK HONK

Battle Cards
Phreeze
"Whatever it takes to fulfill my end of the bargain."

Zukaa wasn't going to just walk away now, this thing with the girl was far too strong of a foe to piss off in this enclosed quarters. If he absolutely wanted to leave, he'd do so when they got topside, but for now, he'd play along. Many situations were running through his head right now, methods of attack, ways to take down the water bag and take off with her zenny. Acting out the scene didn't seem so bad, though. Instinctively, his hand went to his chin, the opposite arm was tucked to his elbow that held up his hand, with that, he also began to pace. Thinking for sure. Thinking of a lot of things. Maybe Thrash could see a bit more of "Blaze" in Zukaashimato now.
Member Avatar

Thomson and Frank

Kevin McHarren
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Okuduma Studios · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ask Staff for Access to our Discord!

Ask Staff For Access to our Discord!

Protodude's Rockman Corner Chrono X MegaMan Melee MegaMan Topsites