Rule Set
Site Rules
Card Library
Ability Wave Library
Card Trader

Request Moderator Review

Welcome to StarForce RP

SFRP v5 - System Overhaul

The fifth major system change of the Star Force RP includes changes to Weapons, Elements, Virus Threads, the Card Library and more. Feel free to visit the full v5 Updates Thread to see all the changes that have been made.

If you're new, feel free to look around the board. Make yourself known in the Hello & Goodbye Forum, or join the Chat Box at the bottom of the home page. If you have a Discord, follow the link provided and join our much more active Discord Channel. Feel free to ask questions whenever you need help.

Starter Links
Character Template
Weapons Guide
After Approval
Elemental Benefits

Stores
The Big Wave
Satella Armory
Back Alley
Ability Wave Shop
The Crimson Market

Advanced Topics
Virus List
Indie Frags
Noise Frags

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Some features and links will not work when accessing via s11.zetaboards.com. Please access SFRP by our current website address: starforcerp.com.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Savants Sans Frontières [Open]
Topic Started: Feb 26 2016, 08:53 PM (834 Views)
Lash
The beach was sparsely dotted with people, but one in particular did not quite belong. He was wearing a tuxedo and yellow aviator glasses, a matching yellow tie, and to top it off, a faded green hat. He strolled merrily along, his arms behind him. Toddlers seemed scared by the strange young man. He didn't seem to be looking at people so much as looking at groups, examining their interactions.

He stopped in front of a lawn chair. In the sand beside it was a stack of books - Sartre, Nietzche. Philosophy books. It was his chair. He knelt to grab a book, then continued on his sandy circuit.

He was Null, the creation of an AI's memories. He called himself Jac at the moment. With a book in his hand, and a Hunter-VG at his hip, he surveyed the crowd.

There was a certain stiffness to his steps, a certain experienced way to how he scanned from side to side.
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Store: The Pirate's Loading Bay
Payment Thread || SFRP Has a Guide. Check it out here
Weekly Card Giveaway
Hayato's Zenny: 60,900z|| Class: Law Enforcement || 4 Indie Frag(s)
Null's Zenny: 101,500z || Class: Civilian
Debt to Bank: 10,000z
Hayato's Noise Frags: 0
Characters
Battle Cards
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Gaia
He had been in Loch Mess for a little over a week now, and he had only the best of experiences. It was a quiet enough little island, out and secluded from the rest of the world. He hadn't had much trouble from the residents, and was welcomed with open arms.

Despite the doctor's orders, he hadn't had any real need to test out Dynamo's new battle systems. And, today, he was possibly farthest away from a battle position as he could be - which he was okay with. He hadn't fought in a month, anyways; he was sure he'd be a little rusty. He still wasn't all too sure if he wanted to try and Wave Change, anyways. Despite what the doctor said, he was still a little skeptical about how well he'd handle the whole "Super heavy" thing.

Mehk was on the beach. The people were walking about, talking with and at each other, enjoying the warm sun against the sand and the cold waves. It was a pretty surreal sight, especially since the only remotely similar beach he'd seen was at his own home. Home's beach didn't compare to this place.

Of all the people on the beach, though, there were two people who stuck out like an oasis in the desert. He was one of them, naturally, with his black jeans and white shirt underneath his Satella Jacket, he got a lot of stares. He wasn't native, had a darker tan than everyone else, and was moving along with a horrible limp, using his Wizard as a cane. His silver Hunter V-G at his side, and orange visualizers around his neck, he was certain people recognized him for who he was.

The other guy was wearing a tuxedo, and that was who Mehk was watching. He didn't recognize him as one of the residents, and couldn't remember seeing him around before. He was paying a lot of attention to groups of people, rather than the individual, and constantly shifted back towards a chair with a stack of books by it. If it weren't for his intense staring at others, they might've gotten along.

Dynamo complained each time Mehk stuck him in the sand, Mehk silently laughing, as he started walking towards Tux Man. The shifting, unstable sands made it a bit harder to walk along with his limp, but, he had to do what he had to do; curiosity piqued, he wanted to talk to the man.

He walked up until he was right beside the guy, stuck Dynamo into the sand below him, and just stood there. He wasn't sure if he'd be taller than the guy if he could stand at full height, but, the guy was pretty tall. He looked a little rough for wear, if not a little detached. He prodded for a conversation.

"A beautiful day, isn't it?"
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Gaia's Informational Table of Information
Lash
"Beauty is subjective, but I concur: there is a natural charm to the atmosphere this day. Nietzsche proposed that such a day has occurred before and will occur again, a concept he called the Eternal Return. A bit of a teleological..."

Null adjusted he sunglasses, briefly revealing silver irises. His total lack of displayed emotion - an almost clinical detachment - was an oddity. So, too was his verbosity. And what of his equally strange companion? A man in a space cop jacket and jeans, with a curious cane. A space cop jacket; Null recognized the logo and design, but had no mental associations. It was just a covering, perhaps a reflection of the man's true nature, but also who the man wished to be.

"... do you come here often?"

Absurd, absurd, to have forgotten his manners. Null responded with a question and slid his finger out of the book. Placeholder, he would need not. The title of the book - in simple, black letters on a red background, was The Secret Diplomatic History of Europe... by Karl Marx.

Ain't life odd.
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
A very deep, analytic, sesquipedal response. The man seemed more interested in his description of the day rather than the actual grandeur of the day, itself. At least he wasn't trying to kill any nearby office attendants.

"No, I can't claim that I do. In fact, I've only recently made my residency he-"

He faltered for just a moment, practically imperceptible, as a familiar shift in Dynamo's frequency sent a ripple up his arm. Normally, that kind of ripple could trigger a Wave Change between them - their wave frequencies matched without flaw, and could nearly effortlessly sync together. This wasn't an attempted Wave Change, though: Dynamo was pleading a silent warning.

"-re. And what of yourself?"

Mehk had to try. On instinct, he lifted his Satella Visualizers, slipping the orange shades over his eyes. Squinting behind the visor and taking another look around, like he'd just put on sun glasses and was trying to get a better look of the area, he glanced just past the man.

In his peripheral vision, he saw all he needed to see. The man had a nimbus of Waves all around him, and practically radiated with energy. If he was looking for trouble, Mehk didn't want to be proffering. So, he kept a blank face.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
Null glanced at the lake briefly. "No, just a wandering academic passing through. I'd heard the lake attracted crowds... I wanted to study tourists in their natural setting. Not many of them today." Null shrugged.

The orange goggles seemed a little odd on closer examination - an uncommon color for sunglasses, the entire eye protection all from a single sheet, like welding goggles. Null ascribed it to the man's strange sense of fashion.

On a whim, Null snapped his fingers, producing a loud, sharp sound. His clothing disappeared, revealing his "true" form: a light blue jacket with reflective trimming - a patch on the shoulder had a crossed pistols logo with the letters MSF beneath - a red bandanna around his neck, black pants and black shoe/boots to match. The sunglasses disappeared. A black strip of cloth wrapped itself around his forehead, tied itself behind his head, trailing like twin tails.

"Clothing is a reflection of our inner self. I take it... you identify as a ski instructor?"
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
A wandering academic? Heh. Had it not been for his accident, Mehk would be doing the same. Only, it probably wouldn't have involved tourists in the slightest - at the time of his decision to become an academic, he was a proud and notorious introvert.

That seemed like a lifetime ago.

He looked away, reminiscing, for a second, and was brought back to reality by a sharp snap. When he looked back, the man had changed apparel entirely - in just the snap of a button. If that weren't a clearer sign that he was an EM Being, he didn't know what was.

At least he wasn't violent. "No, can't say that I identify as a ski instructor. I am simply me. And what about you?"
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
"Null."

It was true in a sense of the word - he was a null object, a variable with no definition, an array with no bounds. And yet it wasn't true. He wasn't just Null. He was an afterimage, a ghost. A recreation of a person who'd lived, loved, laughed, lost. He'd once been sure of who he was, but now... who was he?

"I am nobody in particular. The shadow of a man who gained a life of its own."

Null closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again. "I guess you could say I am whoever I pretend to be."

Wouldn't the Existentialists be proud. The universe existed, in the sense it revolves around the observer, and ceases to exist the moment the observer ceases to as well. But if there are multiple observers and one disappears - does that mean they never existed? Conundrums.

"I am most alive on the battlefield, but what is living? To this end, I study others..."

There it was. A sort of invitation, but also a question.
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
Null. Such a simple response, and, yet, it spoke volumes.

This man seemed to be paying attention to something beyond the people on the beach, beyond their conversation, and even beyond his own existence. Mehk was left wondering just how far those forlorn eyes grasped.

"On the battlefield, hmm? I used to be a consistent visitor of that orbis," he quipped, dipping into his Latin. "For me, however, I was not so acquainted to it.

"Pour moi, I was most acclimated towards studies. A vocation that could be branched over any given activity, the battlefield for me wasn't a place of frequency because of my enjoyment of the fight, but, for the knowledge that came with it. To learn new things, meet new people, go to new places. . .to me, that is the definition of living: To realize and accomplish that which makes you feel most at home."

He was feeling pretty philosophical, today. Him finding someone that shared and possibly even rivaled his intelligence didn't help any; he normally couldn't use his full vocabulary. It was a nice change. Despite that, though, he couldn't help but accepting the inevitable: Doctor Otuko had specifically told him to test out his new form, and he was practically asking for a partner in combat.

He sighed. He'd have to visit it, sooner or later. "If you would, we could move to a CyberCore," he said, masking his voice to convey it like any other message on the street. People key in on conversations that are purposefully made to avoid eavesdroppers; regardless whether or not they're actually trying to listen. If he didn't make his voice secretive and evasive, no one would think him otherwise.

Stay hidden. Just under the radar.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
The phrase "Would you kindly..." indicates that the following is not a question, but an order. An important nuance that a human would learn after years of socialization (it took this narrator thirteen years, and another two to say no), one that faintly registered in his parser. That isn't to say he didn't understand it, just the finer points of it were not a concern.

CyberCores. Null hadn't visited many - and as far as he could tell, the dead man had never entered one. He shifted his eyes, seeing the world as it truly was: one blanketed by radio waves, filled with data. Little dense balls... no, hives of data indicated some sort of server activity.

Accessing it... Accessing it would be interesting. He sent exploratory packets into the maelstrom, received responses from a few, narrowed down candidates to a portable speaker, a lightpole, and somewhere in the distance, a boat.

"How does jazz sound to you?"

While Null waited for a response, he considered his options as learned from previous battle data. The most optimal strategy would be...
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
Mehk wasn't all too eager to just throw himself back into the battlefield. He still had no idea just what changes were made, and how that might affect his performance.

"Jazz is fine, I guess. Not as preferable as traditional, but, it has a similar feel to it," he responded, as he saw his Hunter-VG light up with Data. Dynamo was searching something. . .

Bingo. His own eyes locked onto a nearby speaker, releasing enough EM Waves to create a safe Wave Space. "I guess we're going into the Speaker?"

This was it. Time for him to decide if he was ready for a fight, or if he wanted to sit out for a bit longer. He knew that he would need to accept it sooner or later, and also knew he'd rather practice in a non-life-threatening situation rather than on the job.

A quick decision. . .he was ready. He had to be.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
> cardQuickload(6,defensive)
> "Loading 6 cards tagged as defensive in pre-selected pairs."

Defense. The simplest - as far as he was concerned - approach was a reactive one. Wait for attacks to come, deal with them, strike back. According to his battle database it had the highest uptime per battle... though that had been James at the wheel.

> innerChat(3);
> "Strategy?"
> Counterpunching. Shielding should handle most attacks. We'll be observing and counterpunching.
> "I am, after all, a scholar."

The bizarre sensation of being in two places simultaneously and nowhere at all overwhelmed Null as he streamed into the open core of the speaker. Vaguely familiar but most peculiar. The mechanics by which the physical became digital signals most obtuse. And yet only one visual feed reached him, that of the connection visualizer.

The speaker's server sported a simple console. While code logs scrolled by on the walls, his interest lay in manipulating the device itself. A touch allowed him access to an open commandline. Almost unconsciously, Null accessed the API manifest - a file that detailed the commands it could perform, mostly for use by plain bots.

And there it was, a command to fetch a track by name from a streaming server. There was one track, one so relaxing it might be more appropriate for a bingo hall. Or elevators.

Null backed away from the console - about 6 meters. And then he stretched. Wasn't necessary, but somehow it felt just right. With the unknown ahead, Null exerted what control he did have.

HP: 100%
Custom: 0/10
Cards:
[Chaos Equals]-[Aura]-[Power Song]-[Junk Cube 1]-[Double Cross]-[Snow Away]
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
The mysterious wave being took but a second to prepare himself. The next, he was gone; presumably already in the Cyber Core Mehk had first pointed out.

He took a deep breath. Looking down at Dynamo, still in his hand as a cane, he sighed in anticipation. Dynamo was practically shivering with excitement. "Are you ready?"

Dynamo scoffed at him, trying to make a grin on the small head he had in his cane form. "Do ya even hav'ta ask?" He chuckled back at Dynamo, adorning a confident smile that he wasn't really feeling.

"Alright - Let's do this."

No fancy lights or yells, this time. He had to make sure no one knew just what he was capable of doing, yet. Instead, he simply walked behind a nearby sign, and, as soon as he was out of eyesight, felt Dynamo start the Conversion.

As effortlessly as his breathing, he and Dynamo became one. His senses instantly branched out beyond the physical world, in the same instance that they converged, Dynamo Kaiser pulsed into the Speaker. He felt his Waves contract and condense, and, then, his data reconstituted inside of the Speaker's Wave Space.

He materialized by a console inside of the Wave Space, his red-brick base throwing up dust as it rooted itself. His partner was six meters away from the base, already stretching and apparently having already set up the battlefield - an unfamiliar tune hung in the air.

He decided to stretch, himself. He raised the base up, revealing the spider-like protrusions beneath, carefully winding himself back. He didn't go quite as far back as six meters from the console - he only went three meters back, figuring he went half the distance Null did in the same amount of time. Thankfully, he wouldn't have to get used to the slowness - their original form went at about the same speed of slower than slow.

He raised his arms to his side, shifting his upper body from side-to-side as he stretched out his large arms. Thankfully, everything kind of grew to scale, so, while he may be gigantic to everyone else, no single part of his body was heavier than others. As he stretched, he'd imagine his opponent was paying attention to his base - he, himself, got the chance to note that his upper body almost moved independently of his lower. He couldn't shift himself all the way around, but, his lower body remained stable and without motion as he shifted about.

With that in mind, he prepared for a long, drawn-out battle - from the looks of it, his opponent might be waiting for him to throw the first blow. Instead, he slammed his two shields together, holding them firmly in front of his body, aiming to taunt the guy. He noted that the large shields attached to his base, completely covering his upper body. His base, though. . .it was practically unprotected.

Data Analyzer

. . .Activating. . .

Dynamo Kaiser
Rage: 0%
Noise: 0%
Dual Shield: Single-Mode[/u] 10%

Custom: 0/10
{Gatling 3}{Big Drop 3}{Aura}{Guard}{Fire Bazooka 2}{[Nova Ozuka . . .]}

1. Dual-Shield
2. Refraction Base

Attack Information
Ability Waves

Cool Down
[result]1&1,1d4,0,1&1d4+0[/result]

OOC: Note: Die Roll is for Randomized Brother Card!
Edited by Gaia, Mar 20 2016, 12:42 PM.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
Stretched his arms behind his head, arcing his back. Stretched side to side. Rotated his wrists with a satisfying click. Stretched his legs behind his back. It was then that he noticed his sparring partner's arrival.

The distinct appearance of a gigantic gargoyle was unique. A colorful, armored upper body, a massive looming height, a thick body. The shield-bearing gauntlets looked like they interlocked. It seemed to lack legs - then, nope, it didn't, with a distinct crab-like scuttle backwards from strange protrusions.

At that size, though, he wasn't going to be dodging or running. No, he'd probably be using some sort of fire breath or whatever the hell the horned head stored.

Novelties, chess players called it, when your opponent goes off-script and does something completely new, something unexpected. And this, this was a novelty. The only two opponents approximately the same size in the database were the blob woman and Fauss dragon.

The connected shields indicated a lack of attacking intent, the shields spanning the massive upper body. Total turtle mode - not a single opening to strike at.

Not at his upper body, anyway.

This Null noted as he activated a card, one that was practically his identifying characteristic. Chaos Equal - a card that immediately disabled all ability waves. How? Possibly by giving off an enormous burst of static, or maybe creating a constant field that interrupted the connection between Hunter-VGs in the area and the grand servers that allowed brothers to siphon a little extra processing power.

Counter-punching a stone wall? As if. Still, Null proceeded to plan. A clap of the hands created a small spark, a spark that grew to envelop him like a blue bubble. It grew further, going through the floor, becoming a half-dome.

And then, only then, did he test the water. A simple flick of a finger, and a small ball spiraled through the air, destination: gargoyle's base.

Chi Forcefield: 5%
Custom: 1/10
Cards:

Actions:
1. Chaos Equals (All ability waves disabled)
2. Chi Forcefield
3. Splatterball (5% @ Dynamo Gargoyle)

Cooldowns:
0/7 - Chi Forcefield
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
Mehk made a tiny space in between his shields, so that he could see what his opponent was doing. He was still stretching - and, he guessed, studying.

His Data Analyzer marimbaed, data about Null suddenly flooding his peripheral vision. Most of it was just numbers and calculations - what he was really paying attention to was the computerized dialect of Dynamo's voice.

Data Analyzer

EM ENTITY DETECTED

[Null]
EM Signature shows no signs of Human Conversion - undocumented coding sequence suggests abnormalities in personality and capability, with no known matches in Database. Unit shows flexibility, with a possible Physical Focus to combat. Estimated Physical Specialty - Acrobatics. Subject appears to lack armor, and possibly relies on speed for combat. Caution is advised until further Data can be acquired.

Suggested Course of Action - Further Data Analysis Required
Threat Level: Indeterminate

[Null]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

He checked the Custom Dynamo had prepared for him - nothing seemed all too different. He still had practically cataclysmic Battle Cards, in terms of destruction. His Brother Card came in with a rather interesting card - something he'd never seen before. Aquila Thunder. He wouldn't be able to just randomly use it - he didn't know how it worked.

A second later, a large burst suddenly exhumed from Null. It didn't hurt, but, he instantly felt the change - as if a good bit of his armor had suddenly fallen away.

Kid, our Ability Waves are gone. Like, poof.

What do you mean, they're gone? Dynamo's blunt response got him scared.

Okay, they're not gone. They've just stopped working.

He studied the man, with the growing sphere around him. Whatever he was, there was more to him - without even moving, he had reduced any skill distance between them wrought by Ability Waves. His little barrier wouldn't stop Dynamo, but, he figured that this meant he was reactive by nature.

He saw a small sphere of water materialize in the man's hand - it was either a Battle Card, or apart of his personal arsenal. Either way, it was headed straight towards him - Mehk closed the space between his shields, only to never feel a force against them.

Instead, it struck his base - he expected to feel pain instantly. Instead, he felt something. . .else. The ball of water splatted against his base, and, rather than feel any pain from it, the base flashed a violent shade of white, releasing a sonic boom of radiance back in the man's direction.

He peeked out from behind his shields, parting them to watch the burst. He took a tentative look down at his base; the only thing that looked harmed was this light sheen to it that he hadn't noticed before. The surface was reflective!

Heheh! Yes, it is. Now, y'ain't movin' anywhere while it's up, but, who needs movin' when you can just shoot'em?

He didn't mean. . .oh, yes he did. He raised his arms up, lining them up with Null. A second later, they jumped back on their spring-loaded rockets - just like they did when he used Dynamo Fist in the past - and launched forward, propelled by a rocket-propulsion light burst. They had a pretty strong kickback, moving him almost a whole three inches, which he probably had to thank his weight for.

They weren't necessarily locked onto the man, but, they were aimed directly at his general location - to his surprise, they exploded on impact. Probably to Null's surprise, to.

The second of quite a few new surprises - what isn't new, though, is that now he had to wait for his fists to come back. Would they come back, considering they exploded, or was he due a new pair of ga - he stopped the idea short when he noticed the shield-bearing gauntlets flying back, without a scratch on them.
Dynamo Kaiser
Rage: 3%
Noise: 0%
Dual-Shield: Unequipped.
Refraction Base: 5%

{Gatling 3}{Big Drop 3}{Aura}{Guard}{Fire Bazooka 2}{Aquila Thunder}

1. Splatterball blocked by Refraction Base. 2% Damage Reflected.
2. Artillery Strike @ Moderate Low Damage. Breaks.
3. Artillery Strike @ Moderate Low Damage.

Attack Information

Cool Down
Edited by Gaia, Mar 28 2016, 03:50 PM.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
The man with the western Netopian cowboy-esque neckerchief was reactive, alright. More analytical, methodical in approach. But also inexperienced. This iteration of him, at least. Still, he always had the option of talking to the old man... or... No. Now was not the time, not when running just a single process was monopolizing clock time.

The projectile struck the titan's base. Nothing happened. Nothing expected. There was a sudden flash and then a sharp crack- which to his ears reminded him of a whip. The wave of energy rippled the protective barrier before the sound hit.

Spoiler: click to toggle

He didn't move or even flinch, just stared curiously onward to see how his opponent would react. The speed of the... explosive armor? hinted that it wasn't conciously controlled by the bimodal shield gauntlet man. Who was raising his fists as if aiming long distance punches at that very given moment.

The first slammed into the barrier and exploded, the barrier popping like a balloon. The second rocketed into his midsection, momentarily fuzzing his vision and throwing off his sensing.

The urge to lash out in response - retaliation - he let wash over him and away. There was no need to strike out, merely to provoke and observe. He surmised that his sparring opponent was operating under a similar strategy.

And so he extended his hand and touched the cosmic switch once more, another blue orb aimed again at the same place.

HP: 97%
Chi Forcefield: DESTROYED
Custom: 2/10
Cards:

Actions:
1. Splatterball (5% @ Dynamo Gargoyle)

Cooldowns:
1/7 - Chi Forcefield
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
The first explosion destroyed the barrier. The second blasted right into the martial artist. It sent the man recoiling, but, didn't seem to bother him all that much.

I'm weaker than before, he realized. For a second, he found himself trying to gauge whether or not that bothered him - the next, he decided it did.

Null formed another ball of water, chucking it at the same location. With two uses in a row like that, he guessed it was a personal skill - the Data Analyzer added it to his Database.

Once again, as the sphere struck against the reflective stone, it melded into the stone for just a second. Then, the stone reflected it back in the form of light, flashing brightly with a sound like a crackling whip, another sonic boom headed in the way of his sparring partner.

And, still, Dynamo hadn't moved an inch. The reflective sheen on his base shattered, the infinitesimal coating floating off before fading away completely. Seemed like his shield had reached its upper limit - which meant that he was just a large target with no defenses.

Oh, yeah - but, yer not rooted any more, kid. Listen to this. . .

That, he had to try. He shifted the mechanisms in his base, forcing the crab-like appendages to branch downwards into the ground, rooting him to the floor. Although he knew it wasn't true, he somehow felt like some of his armor had returned - in reality, he had just established stability, increasing his durability.

And, then, he accessed a personal favorite: Pointing a large finger at the air above Null, he watches as a stone cube with a rather angry face simply materialized in the air above him. Then, with a simple motion, he brought the stone hurtling down towards Null.

Data Analyzer

[Null]
EM Entity shows signs of an affinity with the Aqua Element, with a possible (but highly unlikely) Ranged Combat-Focus. Caution is still advised. Wait for further Data Analysis.

Suggested Course of Action - Further Data Analysis Required
Threat Level: Indeterminate

[Null]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||*

*Data Assuming no Defense Factors are present. No certainties are available at this time.

Dynamo Kaiser
Rage: 1% (3% + 3% - 5%)
Noise: 15%
Refraction Base: 0% - Destroyed

1. Splatterball blocked by Refraction Base. 2% Damage Reflected.
2. Tower Mode
3. Big Drop 3 @ Great High, Temporary Gravity. Applies Cracked Panel Condition.

Attack Information

Cool Down
Edited by Gaia, Apr 6 2016, 10:58 PM.
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
The bright flash, the crack of a sonic boom, the lack of reflective sheen to the texture of the base - he processed the information in an instant. And then the blast connected, momentarily disrupting his sensors. And in that space of time, the battlefield changed.

Weight, he felt heavier. Or rather, less responsive as he changed stance into a left shoulder forward fencer stance. His legs moved slowly and heavily. A flicker of movement from just above the gauntlet shields, and then 2 tons of solid stone smashed down on him.

The weight drove him into the wave ground. He tried to push it up, but only succeeded in getting compacted. From standing to kneeling, the nearly buried beneath it. He managed to snake out from under it, albeit a little bruised and crushed for his trouble.

This time he didn't hold back. His eyebrows lowered, eyes narrowed. His hands in front of him, he formed a triangle with his hands in front of his left eye. His glove palms glowed blue for a moment and then a beam of energy burst from both palms, dancing through the air, a ribbon of blue rushing toward the statue.

The firepower came at a cost - to fuel it, he sacrificed a card.

Almost as an afterthought, he flicked his right index finger toward the giant, sending a familiar orb at it once more.

HP: 84%
Custom: 3/10
Cards:

Actions:
1. Extinction Beam - 10% reduced to 5% by Kaiser's activated ability
2. Splatterball - 5% reduced to 1% by Kaiser's activated ability

Cooldowns:
2/7 Chi Forcefield
0/3 Excite/Extinction Beam
Edited by Lash, Apr 7 2016, 08:03 PM.
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
Gaia
A direct hit to the Wizard left him crushed under the giant stone block. A few seconds later, he had squeezed himself out from under it, and was once again on the offensive - taking no chance with a melee approach, Mehk was starting to understand his fighting style.

Data Analyzer

[Null]
EM Entity has a definite affinity with the Aqua Element. Current Fighting Style shows signs of caution and experimentation - possibly gathering information for a final push. Excessive Ranged Attacks confirms a definite Long-Range Fighting Style. Combined with the Focus-Based Energy fields and bursts of water, final assumption is a Monk-Like Aquatic Warrior. Building Data Profile . . .

Suggested Course of Action - Building Data Profile . . .
Threat Level: Building Data Profile . . .

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||*

*Data Assuming no Defense Factors are present.

The beam of water came racing towards him. Rooted to the ground, he had no hope of getting out of the way - then again, who said he needed to?

The water slashed against his tough hide. That wasn't bothering in the slightest; it barely left a scratch. No, what bothered him, was that he flinched away from it - rather than being able to push past it, he recoiled from the strike, even if only slightly. Mind over matter - this time, matter had won.

Alright, I believe you, Dynamo. Super Armor's gone, he conceded, the pain evident in his own thoughts. As though to spite him, another splatterball smashed into his hide - this time, there was nothing to protect him from it.

Told ya, came his Wizards retort. Can't risk going into any insane attack sequence without it. Be on yer guard; he might have more surprisers.

Mehk almost thought about letting that past, as he downloaded some data from his Battle cards. Don't you mean surprises?

His left arm started glowing as the outline of a weapon form. When it materialized, Dynamo's response came back: That's what I said, ain't it?

Raising the barrel of his newly formed Gatling 3, bracing his other arm underneath, Dynamo Kaiser lined the gun up with the other Wave Warrior. With a mechanical whir, the Gatling started up, spinning at high speeds, firing five shots in rapid succession. As a follow-up, he brought his other arm up and aimed the projectile-gauntlet right at him.

Based on the gauge on the side of the gauntlet, the explosive needed a little longer to fire, again. But. . .with a grin, he set the gauntlet back on its spring loader, and watched it fly.
Dynamo Kaiser
Rage: 2% (1% + 6% - 5%)
Noise: 40%

Custom: 2/10

1. Tower Mode (1/5)
2. Gatling 3 @ Low*5 1 hit of Pitiful, Low*4. Wind pushes victims 1 meter per hit.
3. Tower Strike @ Moderate Low. Breaks.

Attack Information

Cool Down
Member Avatar
Master Swordsman

Lash
With a big damn focused on him, the wave warrior moved slowly but reacted quickly. First he projected a... protective barrier in front of him, almost his size in terms of height. And just as quickly, almost simultaneously, he made a forceful, downward gesture. The ground responded by shooting up a 2m tall pillar.

The first bullet struck the barrier, kept going, then rebounded towards The Heavy, destroying the barrier behind it. The next two shots destroyed the pillar. The fourth hit him on his way down, knocking him back.

His body froze. The fifth connected, and it shattered into ice chunks, leaving nought but a wooden twig skeleton behind.

Wait, what? He was airborne, five meters in the air, casting a large snowball-like missile from the sky. He rained another two down at the tanky statue as he fell, then dropped two to form his landing protection. They, alack, melted.

He landed with a thump.

HP: 84%
Chi Parry: DESTROYED
Custom: 4/10
Cards:

Actions:
1. Chi Parry (5% @ whatshisname, reduced to 2% by whatever his damn form is)
2. Altitude (Summoned with 5% HP)
3. Snow Away - (3*10% @ Whatshisface, reduced to 3*5% by whatever that ability is)

Cooldowns:
3/7 Chi Forcefield
1/3 Excite/Extinction Beam
0/5 Chi Parry
0/5 Altitude
Edited by Lash, Apr 15 2016, 06:53 PM.
Member Avatar
I care. Do you?

Weekly Card Giveaway
Characters
Battle Cards
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Loch Mess · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Ask Staff for Access to our Discord!

Ask Staff For Access to our Discord!

Protodude's Rockman Corner Chrono X MegaMan Melee MegaMan Topsites