Rule Set
Site Rules
Card Library
Ability Wave Library
Card Trader

Request Moderator Review

Welcome to StarForce RP

SFRP v5 - System Overhaul

The fifth major system change of the Star Force RP includes changes to Weapons, Elements, Virus Threads, the Card Library and more. Feel free to visit the full v5 Updates Thread to see all the changes that have been made.

If you're new, feel free to look around the board. Make yourself known in the Hello & Goodbye Forum, or join the Chat Box at the bottom of the home page. If you have a Discord, follow the link provided and join our much more active Discord Channel. Feel free to ask questions whenever you need help.

Starter Links
Character Template
Weapons Guide
After Approval
Elemental Benefits

Stores
The Big Wave
Satella Armory
Back Alley
Ability Wave Shop
The Crimson Market

Advanced Topics
Virus List
Indie Frags
Noise Frags

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Some features and links will not work when accessing via s11.zetaboards.com. Please access SFRP by our current website address: starforcerp.com.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Time to Strike [Work]; Jet & Nightshade
Topic Started: Aug 16 2017, 09:26 PM (374 Views)
Jet
Jet pored through the profile of a certain individual that he'd been emailed through online connections of the darker kind. While it wasn't often that he worked with others, this time, it was something big. He wouldn't have been surprised if even the GSP got involved with this case. Apparently, some big shots in the Times Square back alley had been doling out viruses at various prices, made specifically for worming their way past firewalls and dealing some serious damage to the software behind them. Purely destructive viruses, ones that even Wave Warriors had trouble dealing with. The only reason Jet had been alerted to this case, however, was when his benefactor, a rich student who had secretly allied with him and his alter-ego, Voidman, was affected by the viruses.

"Using your skills for a mission such as this...it's not quite the way I would do it, but I suppose that it's up to you." The serpent-like EM being, Void-0, curled around Jet intimidatingly, like one of those people who walked around a city with a live one around their necks. The tired young man rubbed his eyes, "Yes, well, it beats the small time crimes we've been pulling off to live and pay rent. Jobs like these pay big money, so we can afford to do one of these and be content for a month or even longer, depending on the difficulty. And the difficulty of this one...well." Jet shifted, allowing Void-0 to read the screen. Upon seeing the viruses and their abilities, even the EM Being once feared for his ruthlessness hissed, "Disgusting. They don't just feed on software, they simply rend and tear at it until it's nothing. There is no method to their madness. They're essentially mindless husks who do nothing but destroy."

"And that's where we come in. Wave Warriors have a hard time dealing with them, as they can even destroy software like Battle Cards, and even weapons like the VZ-Saber. No, we're not going to fight them. We're going to sneak past them and deal with the heart of the problem." Jet tapped the screen and swiped, showing the image of one of the crime lords, "Without evidence, the GSP won't be able to condemn this guy. But he's bad. If we can get into his computer and destroy the original copy of these viruses, the rest of them will fall...hopefully."

"Hopefully?" The snake-like EM Being crossed its arms, raising an eye ridge at the young man, who shrugged indifferently, "Destroying it is our job, and our only job. If there's another one somewhere, then it's someone else's problem. We get paid as long as we destroy our target. Besides, the girl can always buy a new computer with her allowance, it's not like she'll be too bummed about it." With the swipe of a hand, Jet turned the computer off before pushing away from his desk, rolling along on his desk chair before hopping onto his feet. Something popped into his mind as he returned Void-0 to his Hunter, activating the concealment, which essentially did what being cold-blooded did to heat vision, hiding in plain sight.

"Oh, one more thing. These guys have a barrier around the main building, past the regular security. In order to get past it, I have to be in human form, with my Hunter in concealed mode. Otherwise, it'll alert everyone around. So...up for some stealthy encounters?" A low hiss rumbled from the slightly muted device as Void-0 became pleased with this development, "I was born for stealth."
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Zap17
"Shane, I really don't like this." The cat like FMian voiced his concerns. "You totally shouldnt be going in there. Especially alone. I can smell a trap a mile away"

Shane payed no mind to his partner, acting like he wasn't there and be wasn't talking with him. He made a simple gesture with his hand to signal Shade that his words were duly noted. The young man took a right into Time Square. He would casually drop a coin from his pocket and act like chasing it into the first alleyway he found. Far less people there, hich meant less people figuring him out. In there he could talk to his friend no problem, and also prepare for what was to come.

"I know it's a trap, Shy, we are dealing with someone who have been living his life doing this exact thing. What he doesn't know is that we are not just the average wave warrior. We got my trusty widget at my side."
He told him, motioning at his bag. "Got a full arsenal of these little puppies ready to rock."

"And what do you plan on doing inside there? My nose doesn't lie. Those strange viruses are there and there are alot. I can smell them."

Shane grinned. It had been some time, but he would get to become Nightshade once again. "Very simple. We hack into his comp, melt its cpu after destroying those viruses and then arrest him""

"What if they are purposely drawing us in there to capture us?""

"...well...in that case I will gladly stamp my paw in their faces.""

Shane huffed, hopping back in the hunter. "[/color]You and your suicidal tendencies."
Member Avatar
The guy who always asks questions.

Nightshade
Jet
Jet stalked around the outskirts of the building that was to be his target soon. It was a large skyscraper, conveniently placed near the alleyway where those who sold illegal chips and other wares, such as the new destructive virus, lurked about. Despite all of this, it was disguised as a building that produced firewall technology...what a joke. Although...I suppose a company that produces firewall technology would know exactly how to break through those firewalls. Clever bastards... Sliding on a pair of visualizers he'd acquired from his benefactor for this mission, Jet could see the barrier around the top floor that would alert anyone of EM Wave activity. He couldn't simply break in during the day, or the police would know about it immediately. It would have to wait until night...for now, Jet kicked up his wheels, materializing the wave matter tires before speeding off for the skate park.

When nightfall came, Jet was sitting in a bus booth near the building he was tasked with infiltrating, holding an ice cream cone while tapping on his phone as if he had somewhere important to be. When the bus came, it obscured him from the cameras surrounding the building...and then he was gone. With his incredible agility, Jet raced to a shadowy part of the street, leaving the ice cream cone in the hands of a boy that had been sitting next to him.

The sneaky vigilante sneaked past the guards at the front door, sidling his way between the two buildings, where there was only enough space one person to walk through at a time. Looking up, he could see his point of entry: A window that was left open by a lazy employee who liked to get a little air in his office from time to time, but always forgot to close it. His information gathering skills hadn't failed him so far. Now, would his parkour skills follow suit with reliability? Jet bent his knees ever so slightly before bounding up, grasping at the slightest of handholds before swinging his body up and jumping to the other wall. He continued this upwards momentum until he made it to the window, scrambling inside like a shadow. He was in.
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Not long before he had entered the building, a metallic sphere flew past his head and rolled off a few meters. A green light started blinking, before it released a faint ultrasound pulse out.

On the outside, Shane was looking at his phone. The WScan doing work as usual. And people said sonar technology was up. He raised an eyebrow when the scan revealed a guy in sneaky mode and a familiar face. He remembered that guy. They fought against that smug guy at the museum.

"Ah. Good. Look who's here."

The spherical widget then clicked once and projected something on the wall for Geo to see.

*Guard to your left. 12.7 meters Approaching. Take the widget with you and hide.*
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
Jet reacted harshly when a mechanical sphere floated past his head, thinking it could have been three things: 1. A guard robot, in which case he had to take it out quickly, 2. A surveillance bot, in which he still had to take it out quickly, and 3... "Oh." Jet stopped as he heard a click, and the widget pulsed, then began projecting something on the wall and giving instructions. He didn't know exactly who this was, but...he quickly reached out and grabbed the widget, pulling a kunai out of a pouch on his thigh, whispering in a low, dangerous tone, "I don't know who you are, or why you're trying to help me, but I don't need assistance." He quickly stabbed the widget right where it had tried to project something, making sure it was fully disabled before dropping it.

Damn it, so there's a guard coming...I could've figured that out on my own. Before he left, Jet tapped the screen of his Hunter a few times, making it let out a noise that would be silent to the human ear. It was normally used to make dogs go haywire, but it would work to disrupt the sonar seeking somewhat until he developed something a bit better. Sheesh, I can't believe I created a program to help me hide from people like Shade, and yet that thing was able to track me. What a lucky break for that guy. Though, I suppose if it had been hostile, I could have just destroyed it.

Pushing those unnecessary thoughts behind with his previous position, Jet took off as soon as he heard the single guard patrolling this floor approaching the darker area of the building. The non-Wave Changed man slide kicked the man's feet from out under him before quickly getting up to grab him in a headlock. With his knee pressing into the man's back as he was suspended in a state of falling and not falling, Jet had total control over this man's life. Let's see if he's got a key to the floors above this... He flexed his arm hard, slowly increasing the pressure until the man went slack, then released him. A voice escaped from the earpiece that was connected directly to his Hunter, "You're not going to just kill him before he becomes a problem later? You'd be excused if you did." Jet shook his head slightly as he dragged the man into an office square, searching him for a key.

I'm not going to kill anyone...I would just be a soldier if I did that only because I had an excuse.
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
In the meantime, Shane was on the other side of the bulding, ready to throw yet another widget in action. He checked for the map and...great, that guy destroyed it. What an edgy loner.

The man flung it at the backyard's gate and it stuck there. Soon, faint fizzling sounded off the Widget. A whoosh and the thermite ate the keyhole. A simple tap and he was in.

"Denpa Henkan! Shane Kahnnigan, On Air!"

It took Shade a moment to take over the human's body. Shane ceased to exist...and Nightshade was finally back in action!

The little cat would find looking around way easier. He took a moment to appreciate the power flowing within him before leaping into action. The first goon patrolling the aera was propmtly thrown on the ground with a stealth pounce. Nightshade pressed his weight onto the guy to lock him in place. His tail was already tightly wrapped around the guy's neck. The poor guy couldn't breathe nor scream. Nightshade chuckled as he enjoyed his prey's futile wiggling to free himself slowly faded as he passed out. He would release his grip to allow him to breathe normally again and focus on hiding his body into the nearest bush. He would take the guy's id card for himself and then move along to find his next victim. The other guy would take care of the upper levels.
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
As Jet roamed the floor he was on, looking for a way up, Void-0 spoke to him through the ear piece yet again. "Jet, there's a bit of trouble." As the floor was cleared at this point, Jet was free to at least whisper, "What do you mean? The viruses? More guards?" The snake-like FMian grumbled a bit before explaining, "Worse. Remember that guy from the museum? He's here. I can sense his Wave Change. We should probably hurry before he gets to us and starts ruining our stealthy approach." Jet nodded slightly before opening a door that lead to the stairs using the key card that he'd found on the guard's body.

Meanwhile, on the lower floors, Nightshade would have his own challenges. The guards patrolling the first floor were going to be no problem, but the cameras that were able to pick up EM Wave entities were. Night would have to take care of each of these things without alerting anyone to his presence. As the Wave Warrior made his way through the building, however, he was leaving a small trail for something hungry and dangerous to attack him. One of the viruses that the company had been secretly working on was stalking the corridors, and could be seen at times as the ghostly tail of some beast having just moved around the corner, never fully showing its true form. Would Nightshade follow the mysterious creature to get more information about it?

As Jet started descending down the stairs, he mentally noted how many flights of stairs he'd have to make it past to get to the generator in the basement floor. After cutting the power, he'd have to get back up quickly, and it always helped to know how far he needed to go to make an escape. His footsteps, while quieter than normal, were still unable to keep the metal stairway from creaking and groaning. This alerted the guard at the basement door, who pointed his tazer up into the staircase and said, "Who's there? Jeff? It's not your shift yet, get back up there. I don't care how comfy this couch is, you can't take shifts ear-- GAH!" The assuming guard was quickly taken out as Jet forgo'd the stairs entirely, leaping through the middle of them before landing on the man, knocking him out in an instant.

"Not bad. Now, I need to get the power shut off. If they're blind, it'll make this a thousand times easier than it needs to be." Jet nodded to himself before hiding the body under the couch that had been laid there by some lazy employee it seemed. Boy, the security was a bit lax at the door. Did that mean that this would be easy, or that whatever was inside was good enough to protect the power source that they didn't need door security?
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Nightshade was having fun with the guards. One by one they would fall, like a castle of cards. The wave worrior wondered alone from the lower levels, applying a scrabler widget to all the cameras that he saw. No one would be able to see him.

Then, movements caught the warrior's attention. He would think for a moment, and then begin to track the guy.

....curiosity killed the cat....
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
As Nightshade tailed the mysterious, ghost-like creature, he would eventually be lead to a large room that had no visible cameras or anything of the sort. An elevator was nearby, one that would require the access key that he'd gotten before. One of the guards passed by quietly, not even noticing the cat. These guards, of course, were completely innocent men, just doing their job. They had no idea what the upper floors were like, and how corrupt their bosses truly were.

In any case, one step into the large room would provoke a trap. Firewalls would spread across the doorways and every wall, completely preventing escape. These barriers were made by one of the best companies in the world, and would take much more than a simple attack to break. Only entities like Shade, who could freely manipulate the Wave World around them, or extremely high class cards like the Satellite Admins, would shatter these barriers like they were nothing. But Nightshade would have no time to prepare either kind of attack, as a horde of viruses poured out from the elevator, armed to the teeth!

However, just as quickly as they came out, they were just as rapidly devoured as the ghost-like entity that Nightshade had been following appeared out of the wall, going through the firewall with ease. Its jaw opened up impossibly wide, distorting its features as its frail-looking arms grasped the viruses tight, shoving them inside its body, where they dissolved into fragments. The hungry, modified virus turned its head to the Wave Warrior, letting out an ungodly screech before attacking!

Jet, meanwhile, had begun hacking into the doorway using his Hunter-VG, destroying the viruses placed there to guard the system. As he worked on this, a voice came into his earpiece again, "Jet...I can sense one of those odd viruses. It's probably after that FMian guy that I sensed out earlier. Whaddaya think?" Jet shrugged, still working on the door's controls, "I don't care. If anything, he's a fine distracti--..." Jet's head snapped up as he heard an alarm, narrowing his eyes angrily, "Well, looks like cutting the power is a necessity now. If this place gets into full lockdown, we'll never get out of here." The door clicked open, and the cameras in the power room cut out entirely, allowing Jet to walk right in without detection...or so he thought. Just as he walked in, a horde of security robots surrounded him, each of them armed with tazer arms that they pointed at the invader.

"Bzzt! You're under arrest for breaking an entering. Please comply."
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Nightshade grinned. Well would you look at that. He simply grinned as the thing charged at him. He would charge up and deliver a powerful kick whith his paw. He did say he would stamp it in their faces. With that much force into it, the virus would be sent straight back to the other side of the room. The warrior would transition into his fight stance, ready to play a little game of cat and mouse with this strange virus.

Alarms beeped all over. Apparently even the guy on the top floor had been spotted. Alrighty then. He would function as a distraction.

He let out a loud roar and this time it was he who punced at the virus, wishing to sink his claw in its waves.
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
While it is true the Nightshade's kick would send an average virus heading straight for the wall, this particular virus was of a completely different variety. Perhaps if the cat had done some research before attempting this job, he would have known that the virus he was now facing was one made specifically to devour and eradicate wave beings. Viruses, Wizards, Warriors, even software that ran on wave frequencies were just lunch to these things. They were uncontrollable hunters with bodies made incorporeal, dissolving waves by passing through them. Rather than the kick making contact with the virus, Night's leg would begin to feel like it had just passed through extremely corrosive acid, and his wave form would shift slightly.

The virus screeched savagely as it zipped through the air like an eel, its body fluttering like that of a flag in the wind as Nightshade pounced at it, going right through the Wave Warrior. The same burning sensation came with every point of contact it made, the claws harmlessly passing through it. There was no fighting these things. And with no escape through the firewalls, the only option was to hold out for a miracle.

In the power source room, Jet held his arms up as the security robots neared him, a calm look on his face, "Comply? Sure. Oh, but one thing before that." Suddenly, Void-0 materialized outside of the Hunter-VG, wrapping around Jet's body protectively as they initiated a Wave Change, a black veil forming around them, "Do me a favor and get out of our way." Voidman appeared from the void, his VZ-Saber equipped as he slashed in an arc in front of him, causing each of the robots to explode in an spectacular fashion. When that was done, the Wave Warrior quickly pulsed back out, becoming Jet once more.

"Alright, let's get the power off."

After a good few minutes of Nightshade having to deal with the relentless and deadly virus, the lights began to flicker. All of a sudden, each of the floors lost power one by one, starting with the one that Nightshade was in. As the lights went out, the firewalls also flickered and died, leaving him free to escape! Of course, the virus would chase after him unless he was able to hide...
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Okay he was not expecting that at all. The thing ate him and he was trapped inside it for a few moments before he was able to wrestle himself out. The virus's wave destroying stomach hurt him bad. Which in return made the cat go mad. Pulling out another widget he was ready to blow the whole roomup with plastic explosives. Then, suddenly, a familiar sensation poked the black cat. A new wave warrior had manifested, and it was an onld "friend" of his.

Soon after that, the lights went out,allowing Nightshade to flee from the wretched thing. He would parkour around objects as fast as possible, then sliding under tables and to top it off he also had to kick a guard into the wall to knock him out again. Yet the virusdidn't let up. The warrior's patience was at its limit. He quickly came up with a plan to shake the thing off of him.

He stopped running and opened his bag. He got a widget out and activated it. He would then wait for the virus to come and eat him up again. He would make sure that thing would be dead for good this time.
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
"Now that the power is out, we'll be heading for the top floors, correct?" Void-0's snake-like voice sounded in his earbud as Jet began climbing the stairs to the upper levels. He wasn't just going up the steps, he was leaping from one railing to the other in an impressive showing of his ninja-like speed, "That's right. At a certain point, the stairs stop going up, but that doesn't mean we've hit the top floor. We'll have to take an elevator..." Jet stopped as he heard the door beside him swing open, quickly throwing a handful of smoke bombs at the doorway. As they exploded in a puff of black, thick fog, Jet grinned and continued climbing, It's pretty handy to keep non-electrical toys on hand.

Gunshots rang out through the smoke, ricocheting all over the small staircase, making Jet let go of the railing! "Gaah!!" With incredible reflexes, the sneaky vigilante swung his leg out and hooked it against the metal railing he was falling towards, gritting his teeth as the force of the impact spread up his leg. With enough effort, Jet was able to swing himself up onto the stairs, rolling onto them with a grunt, "Damn it...! Void, Wave Change!" Once again, Jet was transformed into the Wave Warrior, Voidman, and disappeared in a flash as he became a collection of waves moving at the speed of light up the wave road outside of the building.

Rematerializing inside the floor where the stairs ended, Voidman collapsed to his knee, gripping his left shin with a grimace on his face. "Jet? Are you alright, there?" Voidman's mask dropped as he took in fresh air again, sucking in a sharp breath, "I'll be fine. We have to be careful up here. Those viruses will be up here in droves. But with my leg the way it is, I won't be able to move around unless I'm in Wave form. So we have to be extra careful from here on out, got it?"

Down below, on the very first floor, the dangerous virus was still stalking the Wave Warrior, Nightshade. Every wireless electronic it passed blew up from the sheer output of Noise as it went into full on hunter mode! Just as it opened its mouth, however, it noticed something in the Wave Warrior's hand. A device, with more waves that were easier to devour! It screeched in joy before entering the widget, making it shake and shudder as the virus went on a killing spree on all of the programs inside. The widget became useless immediately, but it would keep the virus busy...for now.
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
As the strange virus jumped into his widget, Nightshade gave the most beautiful poker face ever concieved by man and em beings. Too bad no one was there to see it. He quickly raised up the sphere, seeing as it kept shuddering in his claw as the virus devoured everuthing inside. The wave warrior clicked a button on it, and the now decommissioned Disruptor Widget snapped shut. A mechanical function, expicity integrated to not allow anything to exit from it. No Noise, no em waves. It was basically its safety mechanism to avoid it going off. This time though, the safety had safely captured the virus inside.

The wave warrior grinned. He took the sphere and settled it back in his bag. He connected it to a rechargable high voltage battery, sending more waves to the virus for him to eat. That would surely satiate him. Nightshade closed off his bag and chuckled, before deciding to gun it to the top floors.

"...Gotta catch 'em all..."
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
To the guards, seeing Voidman desperately escaping from the ravenous, modified viruses was scary. The air distorted and electronics blew up as an annoying ring hummed through the air. Each one of them had been ordered to take cover in the rooms whenever the viruses spotted a prey for their own safety, but this time was even more spectacular than when a regular virus appeared! Voidman was dealing with three of the strange viruses at once, zipping around the room with his superior agility as he made them phase through the walls or even into each other, much to their dismay.

Voidman grit his teeth as he narrowly avoided one of the creatures, his leg burning with pain. It was then that he noticed the guards taking cover in a room, and looked around for an empty one to hide in as well. Changing his frequency, Voidman passed right through one of the walls and fell to the ground like a lump, panting heavily, So many of them...I wish my leg weren't fractured...! The viruses, programmed to not even see the office rooms as part of the building at all, deduced that the Wave Warrior had vanished entirely, and went about their normal routes.

Voidman let out a sigh of relief, getting up just as the sound of cards being loaded into Hunters caught his attention. He quickly activated his gravitational barrier to deflect some cannon fire from the guards that had been hiding out with him! Materializing his VZ-Saber, Voidman quickly slashed three times, taking out the three guards' Hunter's in a flash, making them fritz out as only his afterimage became visible to them.

Damn it. That'll start up some rumors...
Edited by Jet, Aug 19 2017, 09:58 PM.
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Nightshade zipped up and up and up. He got enough proof to pin this guy for illicit experimentation on Noise and Virus Weapons. It was currently resting in his Disruptor widget, and it seemed to have calmed down after eating a whole high voltage battery worth of energy.
Who knows. Maybe he would keep the guy. Sure he would have to do some modifications on it, but in the end it would be a shame to delete such fine work. Besides, if thise whole thing happened again, having a tamed noise virus to study would be helpful.

He heard gunshots, and felt that museum guy wave change again. He would immediately speed up, using his abities to warp in front of the first guard and knock it out with a paw to the face. He immediately deployed his claw weapons and pointed it at two guy's throats.

"Alright peope, drop those weapons before I drop you."
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
That virus that was sitting in Nightshade's now useless widget was definitely not resting or calm in any possible way, shape, or form. In fact, now that it had basically corrupted every piece of software in the puny, one function widget, it was looking for a way out. And the battery presented a perfect gateway. Nightshade would soon learn: Some things were simply untamed, reckless forces of nature that weren't meant to be alive or kept in captivity.

Voidman, who had already disabled the weapons of the guards who had attacked him, snarled as he held is saber up defensively, ready to fight not only the guards should they have another trick up their sleeves, but also Nightshade himself. "Didn't I tell you that I didn't need your help? What don't you understand about that? In any case, why are you even here? The police have no warrant to search this place...are you going rogue or something?" The Wave Warrior narrowed his eyes, his glowing red visor obscuring them from anyone else's view as he looked for escape routes. Void-0 understood what he wanted, and started a scan of the floor they were currently on.

But before Voidman could even escape, tragedy struck. The virus that Nightshade had so naively kept alive burst out of the widget through the battery connection, phasing through Nightshade's back with ease due to their proximity. The virus took its time in corrupting the Wave Warrior's body with its Noise...until it realized where it was. Or rather, where it wasn't. As a failsafe, the viruses had been programmed to not recognize some rooms in the building as existing at all, for safety of the staff and for protecting important data. However, Nightshade had brought one into the very room that it had been programmed to ignore...and it learned.

Pulling out through Nightshade's chest, the virus took in its new knowledge and began flying around, recklessly destroying the machinery in the room, frying motherboards and melting CPUs. Voidman knew that no attack he used would be effective, and instead decided to hightail it out of there, vanishing in an instant. As the noise viruses convened on that one room, Voidman took the opportunity to make it to the elevator, stealthily knocking guards out along the way in a way that would get him no attention. Once he finally made it, Voidman pulsed back out into Jet, allowing him to get past the EM alert barrier with ease as the doors closed shut.

Meanwhile, back in that room, the virus that had learned of the strange phenomenon of being able to go into rooms that it seemed to not exist began teaching the others. It didn't take long for this knowledge to spread to the entire population of Noise viruses, and this lead to the most spectacular virus corruption of the century. Every single piece of software in the building was corrupted to the point of being unobtainable, which if course meant that their servers would soon be corrupt as well...and soon, the entire Wave World would be subject to their madness.

It was now or never. If the Noise viruses weren't stopped here, it would cause a catastrophe.
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
"Officially-" he interrupted himself to smack a guy down as it tried to grab his tail. "-I am trying to arrest a thief from breaking in into private property." Alluding at the fact that Jet had been breaking the law by trying to sneak up inside this building. The little black cat would then use his claws to cut clean through a metal pipe that was swung at him, planting his paw hard into a guard's crotch. The poor guy jumped from Tenore to Soprano in a matter of seconds.

"Unofficially, this seems more of a pressing matter" He added, alluding at the viruses now running wild.

He would knock the remaining guards down and avoid the noise viruses. "And you do need my he..."

The other guy was gone again. Man, why did all those loners had to act like jerks all time?
Member Avatar

Nightshade
Jet
Well, great. Looks like I've got police on my tail now. I suppose that Jenny will be able to erase my involvement with this, however. That was the deal that we had, after all. Jet closed his eyes, resting his body as the pain slowly subsided, checking his leg for a moment before standing once more, This'll be tougher with one leg, but I can do it. With the electricity off in the entire building, Jet had no choice but to climb up past the EM alert barrier. Normally, this would've been an easy task, but now he was stuck with an injured leg.

Gritting his teeth to numb the pain, Jet leaped up with one leg to grab onto the hatch above, opening it up and climbing through using arm strength alone. Once he had gotten up, he grabbed a tool from his bag, a rope with a grappling hook attached, and swung it up onto the door of the floor he was aiming for. He jumped from the elevator and landed on one foot, activating his skates as he landed, without the Real Wave tires. The wheel caught onto a metal beam, acting similar to a train on a track as he rolled up the side slowly.

Crawling up onto the floor, Jet rolled and flopped on his back, breathing heavily. One screw up, and he would have fallen to his death! But now that he was on the floor, with nothing but his target in sight, Jet's next action was clear.

Meanwhile, on the floors below, the Noise viruses continued their rampage unimpeded, corrupting every EM being and software program they could find in the building. It was then that their attentions were drawn upwards, to the satellites above, where they could access a world beyond what they were programmed to destroy. They took the opportunity gleefully, and started flying upwards like souls ascending to heaven. Without anyone to divert their attention while Jet had his hands full, these creatures were free to do whatever they pleased!

On the top floor, Jet had Wave Changed into Voidman once more, and was rushing down the hallway to the CEO's office, when he noticed something off. The amount of unnatural screeches was unsettling...and close by. The Wave Warrior leaped forward and flipped in midair to avoid the Noise viruses as they went up to the roof, getting himself into a large room where the boss' office was located. A few of the viruses had decided to stay behind and devour one last meal before hitting the Road. One of them sat in front of the doorway, keeping Voidman from simply running in to stop them once and for all, while the others began to...combine? Their Noise frequencies began to sync together, the level of it going off the chart as they transformed from wurm-like entities into a massive, hulking monster!

Appearance

"Oh, just my luck. They can combine like some kind of animated show..." Voidman spat out under his breath as he leaped to the side to avoid one of its large arms, the near contact alone being enough to make his Wave Form glitch out from the Noise! Alarms of danger sounded in his head, and even the snake-like voice in his head told him that he should run, rather than fight to complete this suicidal job. But he was committed now. And besides, if he didn't do this, the Wave World itself would be in massive danger. Already, he could hear the Wave Road around the building lose integrity, shaking and shuddering violently. I've got to get in there, now!

Voidman pulled his VZ-Saber out, hissing as he heard a screech from inside his head, "What do you think that will do?! A close ranged attack is the last thing you want to try right now! And besides, even the VZ-Saber can't harm it!!" Voidman, annoyed by his FMian partner's voice, barked at him angrily, "Would you just shut up and let me do this?! I'd never willingly throw my life away!" Pointing his saber at the doorway that Voidman had come in from, the Wave Warrior channeled the strange power that the blade possessed into that single point. The light inside the floor shifted and distorted, messing with his vision as a small black hole appeared.

Suddenly, the tiny dot expanded into a larger sphere, creating an intense wind that began sucking in every EM Being around it aside from Voidman himself. The Wave Warrior ducked as one of the creatures went flying over his head, and began running towards the office, not even caring if the larger beast were completely immobilized now.

After attaching a power source to the computer and leaping in, Voidman managed to find the source of the Noise viruses: A chibi-like version of the monstrous entities that was sleeping in a tube. It seemed as though this was the alpha, and all of the others were simple clones of it. Voidman began examining it curiously, taking a few pictures for examination, "This thing isn't man-made...it's an alien. But what kind of alien is it...? It...looks like it's in pain. Poor thing." However, if this thing was the trigger that kept the viruses alive, then the choice was simple. Voidman pointed his buster at it, charging it up before firing with no remorse. If anything, he was giving this thing a mercy killing. The experiments done to its body must have been irreversible.

Destroying the alpha sent out an invisible shockwave emanating from the PC that equalized the Noise virus' frequencies, turning them into similar chibi-like entities before they vanished from existence, no longer able to sustain their forms like that. With his job done, Voidman escaped from the building at light speeds along the damaged Wave Road while simultaneously calling Jenny on a private line. "The job is done. I suspect that you cleared any involvement I might've had? There was a police officer there."

"Don't worry about it. The Noise from the virus' rampage was so strong that it completely fried any data involving you. He was in such close proximity to those things that I'd be surprised if he got any evidence to condemn the company. But they'll be punished, anyways. Both that officer and the company."

"That does make me feel a bit better. So, what was the damage like?"

Jenny hesitated a bit before answering, "It wasn't pretty. The Wave Road around the entire building is corrupted beyond repair. Standing on it for too long will either corrupt you...or send you falling to your death. But it didn't get much farther than that, thanks to your speed. I'm in your debt, Je--...Voidman."

Voidman clenched his jaw, staring directly at the video call, "You remember what I told you, don't you? I don't owe you a thing, and the same goes for you. You find the jobs, and I do them. We're not helping each other...it's just business." Jenny, on the other end, smiled a hopelessly loving smile before whispering, "Yeah, that's right...alright, Voidman. The money will be coming to you as soon as the police arrest the CEO and all involved. Your job is complete."
Member Avatar
Void of Justice

Jet Yǔzhu

Battle Theme
Zap17
Nightshade would quickly come up where Jet had been already amd found the destroyed computer. More cops would show up shortly, reinforcement he called after the last guard had been knocked out. He would proceed to arrest the big guy behind with all...and be asked a very lengthy explanantion as to what exactly happened. The cat warrior would simply tell of a random criminal trying to get in and fleeing when the noise viruses attacked him.

Eventually, the situation would return to normal. Nightshade would be left alone to continue his night shift, even though it would mostly be him walking home in the last 5 minutes of it. That other guy that had been there with him...friend or foe? Would he see him again? Maybe.

But that's another story.
Member Avatar

Nightshade
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Time Square · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Ask Staff for Access to our Discord!

Ask Staff For Access to our Discord!

Protodude's Rockman Corner Chrono X MegaMan Melee MegaMan Topsites